Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My activities this term

Dear readers,

You may have noticed that the Electric Longboard project pace has slowed down significantly since the summer. This is due to the following activities:

1. Fall term Classes. I'm taking the Aero/Astro Core class(es) called Unified, which is basically one GIANT 48 unit bootcamp course covering thermo, fluids, structures, and signals/systems. This is in addition to other classes, including an advanced composites course (16.202) and German 2.

2. Research. I'm starting a UROP (undergraduate research opportunities program) in the Space Propulsion Lab. I'm working with a senior on a new kind of L.E.O. ion thruster. VERY cool.

3. Rocket Team. The MIT Rocket Team is doing NASA's University Student Launch Initiative (USLI) this year.

4. Design/Build/Fly. I'm doing DBF again. This is always a huge time commitment. Last year, while it only counted as a 6 unit UROP, I spent probably 18 units worth of time or more on it.


5. House Manager for my fraternity. Takes LOTs of time and effort.

Yeah....I'm busy. So I'll fit the ELB in when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment