Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Good prints again

After applying the slicer software band-aids determined in the last post, the print quality is now adequate at normal speeds.

XYZ calibration cubes are coming out ok at 30 mm/s wall speeds with 0.2mm layer height, and 20 mm/s wall speeds at 0.3mm layer height, now. I printed a benchy at 30 mm/s, 0.2mm layer height, and aside from the text on the back (which is never very legible anyways), it looks great. That's double the speed I was having to print them at earlier.

I attempted to use these settings on a more complicated part, i.e. the double Phi fan adapter. I'm not sure why, but on the larger parts, it can't seem to handle the speed well. The first few cm's of every extrusion on the first layer were missing, so I had to kill it and drop the speed to 60% for the first two layers. I turned it back up to 85% after that. The extra prime helped, but occasionally layers would be under-extruded, particularly small features like small top skins or small profile tabs. Also had some light stringing.


Ignore black cable in background

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out overall, though. It's definitely better than the extended single Phi adapter I printed earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment